Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Ugly Vintage Pattern

Update You Can See My Plans For This Pattern Here
If you haven't heard yet (maybe you've been living under a rock) there is an ugly vintage pattern party going on over at Simple Simon. It seems to have taken the blogging world by storm. Almost every blog I click on seems to be proudly displaying the worst of the worst from their pattern collection on there home page. I don't know what it is about these patterns or why we get so attached to them, but it's good to know that I am not the only one. So for your viewing pleasure here is the ugliest pattern in my collection.

Two things scare me about this pattern.

  1. It is from the 90's and it's vintage! OMG, when did the 90's become vintage. I feel so old.
  2. Had my mother sewn me up something like that sweet little flowery number in the 90's I would have been head over heels with it. It probably would have been my favorite outfit and I would have tried to wear it every day.
That's some scary stuff there. Now, to participate in the challenge all you have to do is show off a photo of your pattern in the linky. You don't actually have to sew anything. However I feel the need to make something out of this. It's like an unspoken challenge.

I have no clue what it is going to be or how I am going to make it into something my children will actually wear...willingly, but I have a few basic idea's floating around in my head. I'll update you when I have more. I hope you will be joining the ugly vintage pattern party as well!


8 comments:

  1. Well really 90's isn't vintage but maybe it's nostalgic. My little sister definitely had a jumper like the one on the left and I totally have a dress like the one on the right with less lace. Totes adorbs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...2 things---thinking that the 90's makes me feel old to!!! Like really old! AND you totally have to make something out of this pattern. YOU HAVE TO!!!! It would be awesome!
    -liZ
    ps---Thats for linking this pattern. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the results of that pattern or a similiar one in person. My sister made my niece's matching outfits in a similar floral print to the one pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh em gee. I have this pattern... BUT i have it with the MATCHING BOYS OUTFIT!

    Totally posting my uglies tomorrow. Totally.... *giggling*

    melle@featheredruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. Now I feel bad about some of the things I sewed for my daughter when she was young. But I swear she really looked adorable in them! Looking at the patterns now, they just look so 'fussy' and overdone. Thanks for posting this and bringing back (un)pleasant memories, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...ugly yet...I would have been overjoyed to wear them when I was younger-the jumper especially! I am moving and my pattern boxes seem to have been separated so the ugliest are MIA at the moment but out of what I have out there are some kids patterns like this, I will go post pictures :-) seeing yours made me smile and your plans for the pattern look really interesting!
    Bonnie MS
    Ridingthebonnieway.blog spot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah! That pattern is too funny! I think I also had the same reaction about the 90's being "old"... oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...